Fire Ants Already Infested your House?
Do you see these tiny little insects in your house looking for food all around? at first they are one or two but soon after, they will be hundreds even thousands. I know how frustrating it would be trying to remove these fire ants by a simple towel or chemical pesticides & no good results! we will help you to control these species with the right tools & products.
According to Wikipedia: Fire ant is the common name for several species of ants in the genus Solenopsis. They’re, however, merely a minority in the genus, which consists of over 200 types of Solenopsis across the world. Many species are also called red ants due to their light brown color, though species of ants in several other genera are similarly named for similar reasons.
The worst things about Fire Ants:
We all agree that this insect can not live in our houses! The reason is simple, They not only bite but also have a venomous sting that cause a lot of pain & for some people cause allergies. They are not friendly, they will attack you even if you are not disturbing them.
Another thing you need to know is that the sting of this ant species possesses an alkaloid venom called known as Solenopsin which exhibits a potent necro-toxic reaction in anyone who’s stung. This not only causes searing pain but also causes the sting zones to well and from unsightly white postulates in as little as 12 hours. In short, this is one nasty sting.
The Best easy Ways to Get Rid of fire Ants:
- A mixture of sodium bicarbonate, baking soda, powdered sugar (two tablespoons each) + a tablespoon of water & put it in the way of ants. They will eat and they will die eventually. (Green & Natural)
- Mixture of water (3 Cups) + Household ammonia pour them into the sprayer and we are good to go. Now start spraying the counters or anywhere you want, this solution not only kill the ants but you are also cleaning your counter at the same time. It’s quick, easy & it works! (Green & Natural)
- Pot out Dry Molasses all over the property & in many cases this will wipe out fire ants alone (Green & Natural)
- Mixture of about 6 ounces Garrett Juice & 2 ounces Orange Oil plus a gallon of water, you can then use this mixture around the ant mound & a little at the centre. Do not just pour the mixture in the mound because the ants may move the Queen because of all the noises you are making around them. (Green & Natural)
- Pour these powders in any weep hole or pathway you find around your house (Diatomaceous earth, Baby powder, Boric Acid), ants won’t cross it, this is like walking on razor blades for ants and if they walk across it, it will actually cut their joints & they will desiccate because of the wounds & die. (Green & Natural)
- Take advantage of the biology of the ants, ants swap food when they see each other so you can give them a very mild poisonous food & they will take it back to the nest & feed it to all their millions of friends & they will get very ill and will die at the end. Here is the mixture: 9 teaspoons of sweet corn syrup plus 1 teaspoon of either boric acid or borax, mix it well. pour it into a plastic cup that has cover, make 2 or 3 small hole at the bottom, place it in a shady spot where ants are crawling in there. (Chemicals – Not Eco-Friendly)
- Dry powder solution: 9 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of borax or boric acid, mix it and put it in a small spices jars & lay it on its side, the ants will crawl in and take the bait to their nest & finally die. (Chemicals – Not Eco-Friendly)
- Use Borax (8 teaspoons) mix it with hot water (a Cup) & some honey (2 teaspoons) or sugar (6 teaspoons), mix them all & use a sprayer to spray all the way you see ants are coming from. (Chemicals – Not Eco-Friendly)
How to Prevent fire ants infestation in the first place:
Fire ants colony will find their way from the yard into the house through a weep hole. Weep holes are gaps in the wall that are designed between the bricks to let moisture out, the ants can detect that moist air exiting the building and they go in. They build a nest up all the way to the wall to preserve the moisture of their colony, and even move their egg sacs and all their entire colony back into the wall putting pressure on your kitchen and bathrooms.
- Keep everything in jars & containers to keep the ants away
- Check every hole & possible entrance that ants can come in & close it with cement if possible.
- Check your backyard see if you can find any mound, get rid of it by methods above
- Always keep your property clean inside and out
If in any case you needed professional help for dealing with any types of ant, don’t hesitate to give us a call at:
Ant Control At Pest Guru
Phone: (07) 5522 0774
Mobile: 0434 686 890