Silverfish are nocturnal insects typically silvery light grey and blue in colour, 13–25 mm long and can be found living anywhere in the home, usually close to food sources that contain proteins and carbohydrates, including flour, starch, paper, cooton, linen, glue, paste, photographs and some syntethic fibres.
Some simple DIY Silverfish prevention tips include:
- Remove old stacks of newspapers, magazines, papers, and fabrics to eliminate hiding places.
- Keep food articles and other materials which can contain starch in sealed packages.
- Don’t let food sit and spoil for a long time.
- Repairing any leaks and install adequate extraction fans for laundry and bathroom areas.
- A dehumidifier will make your home less attractive to silverfish.
- Do not have mulch against external walls.
Book a Silverfish Pest Control Service
^We reserve the right to change our prices at any time without further notice. However, if you have booked a service, we guarantee the price at the time the service was booked.
^^All warranty periods listed, represent the maximum available periods and serve as a guide only, the actual periods offered are at the discretion of the technician at the time of the service and are based on conducive conditions and environmental factors.