Exterra Termite Baiting System is known as the “end of the line” for termites. If you have termites and you want to see the last of them, Exterra is the way to go.
So how does Exterra Termite Baiting System work?
- The first thing is that has to be done is to put in the in-ground stations at strategic places around the infected property. The bait stations are put into soil or concrete around the home. Inside the stations is placed non-toxic food made of the timber that termites are known to love.
- If termites are already present within your home, above ground stations with the termite bait inside are used. This speeds up the process of termite elimination. Once colony elimination has been achieved the bait stations are removed
- Termites are attracted to the bait stations and can be seen without being disturbed (which is vital to termite eradication)
- A bait called “Requiem” is added to the bait stations and the good thing about this is that termites love the bait even more than they love the timber your house is built from. Once they get a taste for “Requiem” they stop eating timber. The bait is non-toxic to you, your family and your pets.
- The termites start to feed on the bait and take it back to the colony where it becomes food for the whole colony over time. This process ensures the entire elimination of the colony.
- Once colony elimination has been achieved, any remaining “Requiem” is now removed. In it’s place, fresh timbers are added to your in-ground stations. Any above-ground stations are also now removed. We then commence a regular monitoring programme because your property is still susceptible to attack from new colonies or established colonies in the area.
Termites just love Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
The way the termite bait works is that when placed inside the bait station it comes in contact with the soil. The bait interacts with soil micro-organisms to gradually release tiny amounts of CO2 in to the surrounding soil.
Now these very small amounts of CO2 are extremely attractive to termites because this process is exactly the same as the CO2 that is released by rotting wood. The bait works to attract the termites into the bait station and keeps them out of your home.
Each in-ground “Exterra” station is quite large. In fact up to 4 times as big as a lot of other stations. This is important because each station produces a protection zone of up to 2 metres. Any termite that happens to be foraging in your soil will be attracted by the CO2 given off by the bait and follow the scent right to the station where it feeds on the bait and carries the infected material back to the rest of the colony. Thereafter, the colony is wiped out and your house remains safe.
Once the termite colony is destroyed, the Exterra Termite Baiting System stations continue to throw a security blanket around your home, keeping it safe from further attack. In case you were wondering; no, it doesn’t attract termites, it simply intercepts any termite that has wandered into your home’s vicinity on a foraging mission. And the bait used is in now way harmful to your family or pets. First the bait is enclosed in the station and second, the bait is less toxic than salt!
To the large Exterra stations we add eucalyptus timber which has been proven to be the favourite food of a hungry termite. We don’t use softwoods as many termite species just won’t feed on this.
Focus is the Exterra baiting systems secret ingredient, it expands the effectiveness of the termite stations & creates a true interception zone around the perimeter of the house.
Top reasons to use Exterra to eliminate Termites
- Exterra is a non-toxic bating system.
- $100,000 Lifetime Timber Replacement Warranty available.
- Unique Termite Interception Zone protects your home.
- Focus Termite Attractant draws termites into the Exterra Station.
- Larger Station intercepts termites better.
- Preferred eucalypt timbers ensure termites enter Stations.
- Quality Controlled System.
- Safe for you, your pets and the environment.
- Eliminates the Termite Colony.
- Can be installed in any soil type.
- Does not discriminate 100% of homes can use the system
- A professional technician to answer and fix all termite questions and problems for 12 months
For professional Termite Management on the Gold Coast, call Pest Guru on 1300 819 693 or Book a Service.
All service costs^ shown below are based on an average 3 or 4 bedroom house of up to 40m2, please contact us for service costs for premises of other sizes.
^ We reserve the right to change our prices at any time without further notice. However, if you have booked a service, we guarantee the price at the time the service was booked.
^^ All warranty periods listed, represent the maximum available periods and serve as a guide only, the actual periods offered are at the discretion of the technician at the time of the service and are based on conducive conditions and environmental factors.